Monday, May 11, 2009

Our trip to Bloomington, IL

Welp, It's Monday morning and we're getting settled in. We've had a fun but exhausting couple of days. We left on Friday at about 9:30am. If anyone knows about our traveling style this is WAY late for us to leave. We had a 12 hr. trip to St. Louis. We stopped right outside of there for the night. The kids didn't fall asleep ONCE on the ride there. I take that back... Claudia dropped in the last half hour or so. She was a real joy by the end.
We stayed in a Hampton Inn which
was amazing. I didn't sleep much the first night because Claudia just couldn't relax.
On Sat. we got up and then went to the top of the St. Louis Arch.
THAT was really cool. The kids really liked it. We all rode to the top in a little elevator that 5 people were supposed to fit into. I really pity the couple that got stuck with a family that included a 6'9" person and an extra toddler who, apparently doesn't count as a person. They were very nice about it.

After that we went to the St. Louis Zoo. It was great. We got to ride the train, see a sea lion show, and go to the children's zoo where we pet some goats. Claudia LOVED the goats. Clyde was
amazed by the sea lions and Dave and I were exh
austed.

That night in the hotel things went much more smoothly. Dave wooed Claudia to sleep with her favorite Elton John song and the rest of us sat on the king size bed and watched Desperaux. It was a good night.

There will be more later but the younguns are creatin' a ruckus in the other room.

1 comment:

  1. Did you wave to all the St. Louis sites for me? That's where I'm from!! I hope the new place feels like home in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete