Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life in Bloomington/Normal so far

So we've been here almost a week. We're staying in a two-bedroom apartment. It's not too bad. Dave and I are trying to learn how to share a full-size bed. We'll see how that goes. The kids are doing just fine sharing a room. They seem to like it. They are probably a little louder at 6am than many of our college age neighbors are used to but no complaints so far.
We're on the third floor. It's a walk up. That's fun. I just have to figure out how to get two kids and groceries up the stairs in as few trips as possible. I imagine that by the time we head back to Texas I'll have figured it out.
The pool in the complex should open in a couple of weeks. I think that will be fun. I like to swim but not be in a bathingsuit in front of others. Most of the college kids will be gone and the theatre people staying here will be working every day but Mondays. The pool should be ours. YAY!
The kids and I have been doing some exploring. We went and wandered around downtown Bloomington and ended up in the historical museum. It was pretty cool. Even Clyde enjoyed it.


While we were driving around trying to figure out where to park Clyde spotted a pig outside a restaurant that he NEEDED to have his picture taken with. It was a Kodak moment.

We're lucky enough to have a grocery store close by as well as gas stations and restaurants. There are also a bunch of cool parks and one small mall. Clyde is amazed that there is only one floor and that there is no play area. How do these people survive? ;)


Nothing is really that far away but the one way streets get me a little dizzy.
I'm gonna go so I can post some pictures before the boy wakes up and/or Claudia gets rowdy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're settling into a good little routine! And getting waaay more exercise than you want, with all those stairs. ;)

    ReplyDelete