Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Play Dates and Picnics

Luckily, there is plenty here to keep us busy. The parks are beautiful and it's nice to let the kids run ahead without having to yell 'watch out for the ant hills' as there are no fire ants here. One of our favorite things to do is to head out and play with Lila, Eli and Nina.
Clyde and Lila love to play together and yet fight like an old married couple. That's getting better. Claudia and Nina, who are just about the same age, are trying to figure each other out. It seems as though Claudia will be the bully in this relationship (and I'm assuming most that she has in the future ;0} ).



Another thing that has been very fortunate for us is that there's at least one cook out every week. The first couple weeks we had at least 2. Our friends Chad and Lauren have people over every Sunday night for a cook out and poker. There's always a full house and Chad is a maniac on the grill. It's great.



On Memorial Day there was a picnic at a nearby park with softball and a game of touch football which resulted in the need of facial stitches and a broken finger. Maybe, in the future, a pleasant game of Simon Says is in order. It was nice because there were so many people willing to just hang out with the kids. Lauren and I noticed how much better Lila and Clyde get along when we're not the ones watching.



All in all we're keeping busy and having a great time. I do miss my bed but am getting more comfortable in the one here.

We miss everyone and will be seeing some of you within a week.
Take care!

3 comments:

  1. You make Illinois sound pretty good...can I come up there with you?? I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Clyde and Claudia hit another growth spurt? They look so tall. It's good to know you have made some friends and that the kids are enjoying themselves. Miss you all.

    --Romana

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did grow. I thought I was crazy but I just put a pair of jeans on Clyde and they're BARELY long enough. Claudia can reach all of those things she's not supposed to!

    ReplyDelete