Tuesday, May 19, 2009

God bless the reciprocal pass!

We've been fortunate to stay pretty busy here in Il. I was pleased to find out that a Dallas Zoo Pass AND our Dallas Science Museum pass would get us into things around here for free. The Childrens' Discovery Museum here is really great. Even better being free with my science pass.

They have some great interactive areas including a giant spider like mave for the bigger kids. We spent one of our rainy days there. The only problem was that we had to park BEHIND the building making for a wet walk in. That's OK though. They don't get to play in too much rain in Texas. Clyde did inform me that it TASTES the same here as it does at home. That's good... I guess..

Normally we are FT. Worth Zoo Pass holders but this summer I purchased a Dallas Zoo Pass BECAUSE it works here at the Miller Zoo as well as at the Cleveland Zoo in Ohio. We went to the Miller Zoo with our new friends, Lauren, Lila and Eli. Lauren and her hubby, Chad, work with Dave at Illinois Shakespeare Festival. Lila and Clyde are close in age and hit it off instantly. They fight like they've known each other forever...

The Miller Zoo is pretty small but very cute. We will be spending a lot of time there. It is attatched to a bigger park with some great play areas. Makes for a great afternoon. They have water features there that Clyde is VERY excited about. Not sure when they'll open though.

I think I mentioned that there are a ton of perks here. Clyde is in heaven. Claudia loves them as well. She is fearless. I have to really watch her. I feel bad for poor Clyde, he's trying to get my attention in one place and I'm runnin' the other to stop Claudia from testing her ability to fly. Oh well, he seems OK with it.
We stopped by one park the other day and were there for a while before 2 bus loads of kids showed up. Clyde felt it was getting a little loud. I think that was an understatement. We wandered a bit and ended up on the tennis court. The court was COVERED in helicopter seeds. My kids have never had much of an opportunity to play with these wonders of the universe. We stayed there for at least half an hour throwing handfuls of helicopters in the air and watching them fall. It was great.


Wow, I've rambled on and on. I should go. Check back for more updates on our trip OR become a follower so that you can receive notifications.

1 comment:

  1. The rain tastes the same as here - that makes me LOL! I'm glad you guys are settling in and having fun. You ARE going to want to come back, right???

    ReplyDelete